Winter Vines: Pruning & Vineyard Maintenance
Join Kuhlman Cellars Co-Founder, Chris Cobb and Vineyard Director, Diane Cobb for an afternoon in the vineyard. Great wines are crafted from great fruit: learn about the labor intensive world of the vine in both the classroom and the vineyard! Students will be pruning a vine and previewing the wines made from the Kuhlman Cellars estate harvest.
Topics of discussion include:
- General viticulture terms
- Annual vine lifecycle: Annual vine activity and the vineyard management efforts and goals
- Pruning: Discussion of pruning theory
- Practical: Walk into the Kuhlman Cellars vineyard and prune a vine (under direction)
- Tasting: Preview the Kuhlman Cellars Estate Grown wines from the tank & barrel
Be sure to wear weather appropriate footwear and clothing for a walk in the vineyard!
When: Sunday, January 27th, 11-1pm
Where: The Kuhlman Cellars Winegarden
Tickets: $40 per guest/ $30 for Club Members
For questions and ticket information please contact us at email@example.com or 737-231-8008