Spanish Garlic Shrimp
- 1/2 cup Good quality Olive Oil. This seems like a lot but you want to be able to dip bread into it
- 1 Shallot Finely diced
- 3 + Cloves of Garlic Finely diced. Use as much as you like.
- 1 tbsp Anchovy Paste
- 1 1/2 tsps Smoky Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Chili flakes, or more if you like spicy. We like Aleppo Chili but that can be hard to find.
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Lemons, Zest and Juice
- 1 lb Large Fresh Shrimp, Peeled, De-veined
- 1/4 cup Calcaria or other dry white wine
- Salt to Taste, use with caution it can be oversalted easily
- Fresh parsley chopped
- Lemon slices to serve
In a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat add olive oil, sauté shallots and garlic until they start to caramelize, are soft and browned. Add anchovy paste, paprika, cumin, nutmeg, chili flakes, and Worcestershire and lemon zest. Stir for 1 minute. Deglaze pan with white wine or sherry. Reduce slightly. Add Shrimp and cook until just opaque. Add lemon juice and parsley. Serve with fresh warm bread to dip in the oil and lemon slices.
Enjoy with a crisp white wine, or rose for a classic Spanish pairing. Try it with Gypsum or Alluve for a twist.