Niçoise Deviled Eggs
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps Anchovy Paste
- 1 Clove of Garlic, Finely Chopped
- 1 tbsp Shallots Finely Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Chili Flakes (Optional)
- 6 Hard Boiled Eggs, Peeled and Sliced in Half Centers removed and reserved
- Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 tbsps Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Tapenade, Homemade or store bought. Diced fine.
- 4 Fresh Basil Leaves, Rolled into a log and cut into ribbons
- 2 Sun Dried Tomatoes packed in olive oil, Diced into ribbons
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a small skillet over medium heat toast the anchovy paste, garlic, chili flakes and shallots. until just soft. Cool to room temperature.
In a small bowl mix the Egg Centers, zest and lemon juice, anchovy mixture, mayonnaise and ¾ of the tapenade. Mix until smooth. Taste and adjust salt as needed. If the mixture is too stiff add mayonnaise until it just comes together.
Using a piping bag or ziplock with small snip cut out of the corner, pipe the filling back into the eggs, top with a tiny bit of tapenade, a tomato ribbon, basil and a dash of salt and pepper