Mushroom Ragout (Faux Gras or Pate)
- 2 tbsps Butter
- 1 Pint Mushrooms, Porcini, Portobello or Wild Chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic pressed (I love garlic use less if desiered)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley Chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Thyme Chopped
- 1/2 cup White Wine (I use Calcaria)
- 2 tbsps Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup Cream
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
In a heavy skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms. Sauté until soft and wilted, add garlic parsley and thyme. Sauté for 3 minutes, deglaze with white wine, add Worcestershire sauce and cream. Continue to cook until sauce is thick and creamy. Serve on a cracker. If a smoother texture is desired placed cooled sauce in a small food processor. Add olive oil or stock if moisture is needed.
Serve over creamy cheeses on crackers for a perfect pair for Alluve, Merlot and Zinfandel.