Herbed Almond Hummus
April 4, 2022
This is a very easy appetizer to make using just a few ingredients.
- 1 cup Kuhlman Cellars Herbed Almonds
- 1 tbsp Kuhlman Cellars Alluvé red wine
- 1 12 oz jar, roasted red peppers, well drained
- 1 Large clove garlic, smashed or chopped
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 tsp Tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Spanish Paprika
- Salt and fresh cracked Black Pepper to taste
Open a bottle of Kuhlman Cellars Alluvé red wine and pour yourself a glass to enjoy while making this tasty and easy dish! Don't drink it all, as you need a little bit for the hummus.
- Open a 12oz jar of roasted red peppers and drain well. You do not want much liquid as it can make the hummus too runny.
- In a food processor, add all ingredients with the exception of the Salt and Pepper.
- Note: if you do not have any Alluvé, you can use an alternative red wine or a sherry vinegar.
- Put a lid on the food processor and then gently pulse the mixture into a thick paste. The longer you run the processor, the smoother it becomes, so process until your desired consistency.
- Taste the hummus and then add salt and fresh cracked black pepper to your taste. Incorporate the salt and pepper to the hummus by briefly pulsing the food processor.
- When done, move the hummus to a serving dish.
Enjoy with crackers, veggies or even spread on pasta!