Winter Vines: Pruning & Vineyard Maintenance
Join Kuhlman Cellars Co-Founder, Chris Cobb and Vineyard Director, Diane Cobb for an afternoon in the vineyard. Great wines can only be crafted from great fruit, learn about the labor intensive world of the vine in both the classroom and the vineyard! Students will be pruning a vine and previewing the wines made from the first Kuhlman Cellars estate harvest.
Topics of discussion include:
- General viticulture terms
- Annual vine lifecycle: Annual vine activity and the vineyard management efforts and goals
- Pruning: Discussion of pruning theory
- Practical: Walk into the Kuhlman vineyard and prune a vine (under direction)
- Tasting: Preview the Kuhlman Cellars Estate Grown wines from the tank & barrel
Be sure to wear weather appropriate footwear and clothing for a walk in the vineyard!
When: Sunday, January 28th, 11-1pm
Where: The Kuhlman Winegarden
Tickets: $40 per guest/ $30 for Club Members
For questions and ticket information please contact Jennifer Beckmann at firstname.lastname@example.org or